My third GiveWell post on geomagnetic storms is up. This one marshalls a branch of statistics called Extreme Value Theory, which I learned about through this work. Last year I wrote a program to bring EVT techniques to Stata.
- The domestic economic impacts of immigration
- The impact of life-saving interventions on fertility
- Are the benefits of moderate drinking a myth?
- Malaria maps, then and now
- Four points on the debate over the impact of the Mariel boatlift
- Stand up for your health
- Of Technocrats and Autocrats: Review of Bill Easterly’s Tyranny of Experts
- What’s the best way to count loans as aid?